My 82 year old Dad passed away a few years ago. He played hard and worked hard! He had a full life of travel, adventures and business. BUT –
- He never exercised.
- He ate what he liked.
- And drank what he liked!
He’s probably up there now, watching me writing this with a whiskey in his hand! Sorry Dad, love you, but it’s the truth!
My Mum is in her mid 80’s. She has more energy than me! She has a big house and a 5 acre garden she looks after and maintains on her own.
- She’s always exercised
- Always watched what she ate
- And she stopped drinking and started running marathons at 40!
Hmmmm I’m not an advocate for the stopping drinking part but………….
What A Difference It Makes!
My parents are a shining example of the difference it makes in your life if you keep moving and respecting your body.
You’ve got to keep moving! Even at Christmas!
December Is The Party Month For Many People…
December is the month you’ll be inundated with invites to parties, work-dos and family get-togethers.
And I get it, once you get in the party mode and start drinking more than usual AND eating lots of yummy rich food – the thought of exercising takes a back seat.
But….You’ve Got To Keep Moving….To Avoid Christmas Weight Gain!
Enjoy, enjoy, enjoy – guilt free at Christmas BUT…….Move Your Butt!
Don’t Stop Your Workouts…
Make a non-negotiable written declaration to yourself (there’s power in the pen and paper). You’re going to enjoy yourself BUT you’re going to keep your butt moving. AND stick to your training routine!
Write your training days down over the Christmas period. Whack it on your fridge and stick to it.
You’re not trying to lose weight through Christmas. BUT you’re aiming to MAINTAIN.
And avoid the dreaded Christmas Weight Gain.
You’ll Feel So Good!
Imagine how good you’ll feel when you start the New Year knowing you don’t have any EXTRA weight to struggle with!
What a non-stressful way to start the new year!
Get Your Plan Together
- So work out your Training Calendar plan.
- Write it up.
- And stick it on your fridge.
Tips For Getting It Done
- Got a party to go to at night – make sure you work out that morning.
- The next morning if you’re feeling a bit seedy – just go for a walk.
- Low on energy – don’t skip your routine but do a 10 minute workout instead. All the CoreStrength50plus Programs are designed in 2 x 10 minute rounds. So you can still nail a heart-pumping workout in 10 minutes
- Super drained ? Do a stretch session.
- If you know you’re going to be really overindulging, get a couple of good cardio workouts in that week.
- Eat protein only for breakfast if you know you’ve got a big night of indulging ahead.
Enjoy Christmas BUT keep Moving Your Butt!
Check out my 20 minute muscle-toning, body-lengthening, fat-burning programs for women in their 50’s. Click on the link here……..