Most of us associate holidays with cutting loose. Eating and drinking what we like, when we like. Why not! It’s a holiday and we earned it!
When you’re younger you can lose those extra kilos pretty quickly on your return to the real world. Not so in this age bracket! They hang around for a long time!
Holiday weight gain sucks but it doesn’t have to be that way every time you travel.
So if the overeating, drinking and lack of exercise has you feeling bloated AND depressed on your return to the real world…..it’s time to get a plan happening!
1. Yeah….Have A Plan…Nothing Beats A Woman With A Plan!
Look into where you’re staying. Is there a gym in the hotel or is there one locally. Are you going to do your CoreStrength50plus Home Workouts in your hotel room? (Ooooh I hope so!) And are there lots of great walks you can do?
2. Pack Your Home Workout Kit!
- Light yoga mat for your room.
- Theraband for stretching.
- Spiky ball for those tight muscles (great to use after a long haul flight).
- Inflatable pilates ball.
- Printed up workouts OR……your downloaded CoreStrength50plus 20 minute workouts. Structured in 10 minute rounds so even if you only want to do 10 minutes – you still get a great workout.
- Running shoes for any long walks.
3. Pack Snacks
Not sure you can get your hands on healthy snacks where you’re going? Take some small packets of nuts with you, rice crackers or maybe some healthy treats that you’ve made yourself at home.
4. Train First Thing Before Breakfast
Just do it! Don’t think about it – just do it! This’ll have you feeling energised for the day. Boost your metabolism and leave you ready to over-indulge in your holiday breakfast! Yum! Remember you’re not here to lose weight – just to maintain!
5. Don’t Go Overboard On The Cocktails!
There’s nothing wrong with enjoying a drink or two on holiday but try and be rational with it! Remember, alcohol is going straight to your belly fat!
Also keep hydrated! 2.5-3 litres of water per day.
Have an amazing holiday!
Check out my 20 minute muscle toning programs. Designed by a woman in her 50’s FOR women in their 50’s. Click on the link here………