Genetics and ageing play a part in having ‘flat butt’ issues. Your genes determine the general shape of your butt. And ageing depletes the fullness!
When you’re in your ‘child bearing years’ your oestrogen levels help you store fat in your butt. Giving it a perky full appearance!
As you age the hormonal changes of menopause causes lower levels of oestrogen. This takes that lovely full butt fat and then sends it to your stomach! The dreaded ‘menopause weight gain’. Yeah I know – it’s so unfair!!
I’ve spent most of my life wishing my butt was smaller! Now in my 50’s I sometimes wish it was bigger!
You can’t win. Sometimes you truly are your own worst enemy. When you have it, you don’t want it and when you suddenly don’t have it, you wish you had it back!
Wherever you might be on the ‘butt scale’ – you’ve got to work these muscles. This isn’t the time to do nothing and just accept your crazy hormonal changes.
If you let your butt (glute) muscles go, you open yourself up to all sorts of other problems in your body……
- …Lower back pain
- …Postural problems
- …Pelvis and hip issues
- …Knee and ankle niggles
So even if the superficial side of how your butt looks doesn’t bother you anymore – think about the other crappy problems that’ll come from not working these muscles!
If you haven’t grabbed it already….head over here to get your Flat Butt Fixer – FREEBIE video demo sequence ……but keep reading for some extra flat-butt-fixer tips!
Check your posture. If you tend to slouch and are rounded through the shoulders this can lead to a flat butt.
Do a little posture check by standing with your heels against the wall and shoulders against the wall (pulled back and down). The small of your back shouldn’t touch the wall. If it is, it’s time to start working those butt muscles.
1. Get Your Hormones tested.
Are your hormones ‘out of whack’? It’s very likely at this stage in life. If yes….then you’re not going to get the results you want from any healthy eating and training program you’re doing.
Get your hormones tested. Through a Hormone Doctor who specialises in Bio-Identical Hormone replacement.
It’s a personal decision. You need to investigate for yourself to be totally comfortable with it.
For many women – this can be a life-changing step.
2. Squat, Squat and Squat!
How you actually squat will determine how much success you’ll have building your butt muscles.
- Sit your butt back when you squat. Always imagine you’re about to sit back onto the loo! It may sound a bit ‘wrong’ to cue yourself like that – but you’ll get the action right!
- Put your body under load when you squat by holding some fairly heavy DB’s. This’ll really get your butt (glutes) fired up.
- Hold your squat in the lowest position for a count of 3-5 seconds before you come up. Nice and slow and controlled!
- Or try pulsing at the lowest position for 3-5 seconds before you come up for a real butt (glute) burn!
- Do 3 sets of 12-15 reps, worked into your routine every couple of days.
I’ve got great tips on Instagram for squatting and reverse lunging (another great one for your butt). Check out the posts in the first week of September 2018 – corestrength50plus Instagram
3. Exercise Sliders!
Invest in a set of Slides. This affordable training tool gets you doing some fantastic lower body movements. It’ll fire up your butt muscles.
OR invest in a Freeform Board. This is a yoga-inspired ‘body-challenging’ BUT slightly more expensive training tool. You can do so many cool exercises with this board.
Both are great and make your workout fun!
Exercise Sliders can be brought on Amazon.
Freeform Board – www.aokhealth.com
4. CoreStrength50plus – Home Workout Programs for Getting Toned Muscles In Your 50’s
Try the VIDEO workouts in my programs. They’re all focused on working your butt (glute) muscles with a mixture of………
- Pulsing movements of Barre work.
- Targeted movements of Pilates.
- Static poses of Power Yoga.
- Putting your body under load with Functional Strength Training.
- Getting your heart rate going with Low Impact Cardio Moves.
Whatever you choose to do – keep mixing it up!
Like all muscles, your butt muscles adapt quickly to doing the same exercises! So you need to keep ‘tweaking’ what you’re doing. To keep challenging your muscles AND to stop the boredom factor!
Check out my muscle-toning, body-strengthening, body-lengthening & fat-burning programs. Designed by a woman in her 50’s FOR women in their 50’s. Click on the link here…………