I want to say “I love doing balance exercises” but that’s probably an over-statement. They’re challenging. Some days easier than others but 9 times out of 10…..challenging!
I do love doing them because of the ongoing benefits to numerous body parts! And…..they put you right in the NOW!
You have to be in the moment…no mindless thinking about what you’re going to do later or who said what to you yesterday!
Plus they get your heart-rate up!
How’s your balance? Good or bad you should always be working on improving it.
Add this fitness ball exercise to your routine!
It challenges the stabilising muscles in your ankles and knees, gets your core muscles switching on and off and super works your butt muscles!
- Face a mirror so you can see what’s going on with your legs throughout the movement.
- Feet hip width apart.
- Place left foot on the fitball behind you (about ¼ way down the ball). The top of your foot is on the ball – bottom of your foot is facing up.
- Take a breath in and as you breathe out – extend your left leg back and lower your body with back long and extended – fingertips to the ground. (Make sure your right knee isn’t dropping in here).
- Come back up to standing with control!
- IMPORTANT: As you extend your left leg back – check that it’s going back in a straight line and coming back to the starting position, in a straight line.
- If it’s not – OR you’ve got any niggles with your ankles or knees – place the fingertips of your right hand on a wall or chair for support. And just touch the ground with your left fingertips as you come down. It’s NOT cheating! You’ll still get all the muscle toning benefits!
Repeat 10-12x on each leg. And BREATHE!
You’ll feel your butt muscles the next day with this fitness ball exercise!
Don’t give up or give in!
PS. Busy professional with little time? Hit an exercise plateau? Bored with your workouts? Or what you’ve been doing for years just not working anymore?
Check out my challenging 20 minute Muscle Toning Programs.
Designed by a woman in her 50’s FOR women in their 50s…..click on the link here……….