Muscle Toning In Your 50’s
What does your body NEED when it hits 50 plus years?
You’ve GOT to get your body strong. It’s a big confidence booster.
- You need a body with toned muscles to support your spine. Kiss those endless visits to Physiotherapists and Chiropractors goodbye.
- Your posture WILL change when you build and tone your muscles with workouts for women over 50. Goodbye to slouching!
- Plus you need those toned muscles to support your joints. Goodbye aches and pains!
- And yes you need those muscles to boost your metabolism.
- The more muscle you have on your body the faster your metabolism will be which equals – the leaner you’ll be!
- Strength without flexibility will set you up for all sorts of joint and muscle issues. Flexibility and Strength – the two go hand in hand
What DOESN’T your body need when you hit 50 plus years old?
- Fixating on the scales – the weight is meaningless if your body feels weak.
- Training harder or longer is not the answer in this age bracket. It’ll only leave you feeling sore and tired. Train Smarter NOT Harder or Longer.
- Stop beating yourself up and comparing yourself to 10 years ago. Get a training plan happening and don’t give up! You’ve got to be consistent to see changes.
What should I be eating to get my muscles toned & lean?
- Clean it up! Get the processed food out of your life.
- You simply ARE what you eat.
- Fuel your body with crap and hey unfortunately you’ll end up looking and feeling like crap. Harsh but true!
Your muscles don’t like crap but your body fat does!
I totally get though why the nutrition question is confusing. There’s just so much conflicting information out there and we just don’t move enough anymore to warrant all the high carbohydrate foods that many of us still eat.
Kiss The Word ‘Diet’ Goodbye!
Yes you’ll probably lose weight but the minute you go off your regulated diet or meal plan – you’ll put it back on plus more.
No one can stick to a meal plan or diet for life!
Instead – Tweak Your Eating!
Get The 80/20 Rule Into Your Life
- Adopt an 80/20 lifestyle. 80% of the week, eat clean, organic, whole, life giving, unprocessed foods. 20% of your week – treat yourself guilt free to your favourite foods. But keep working out!
This is brilliant for women in this age bracket.
- You’re aiming for 15-16 hours of the day where you’re not eating.
- You can play around with the start and finish time here so it suits your lifestyle.
- Finish eating your dinner BEFORE 7pm at night (or whatever time works for you).
- Wait 15.5 – 16 hours before you eat breakfast.
- You can drink water during that time and black coffee if it suits you.
- Do this 4-5 x per week.
- Simple, easy, doesn’t cost you anything or involve any expensive powders and pills!
Want workouts designed for women in their 50’s plus?
20 Minute Unique Downloadable Video Workouts
Using the very best of –
- Power Yoga
- Functional Strength Training
- Low Impact Cardio Moves
…….all in a 20 minute online video workout (plus your pre and post workout stretching time). These workouts will challenge your –
- Core Strength – your ‘core’ is the trunk of your body. Make it strong and flexible and you’ll see big changes in your strength and the way you move and feel.
- Flexibility – want to touch your toes? This’ll get you on your way.
- Muscle Strength – are you over feeling weak in your body? Feeling strong is a BIG confidence booster.
- Balance – avoid slipping or falling by working on the muscles that keep you balanced!
- Cardio Levels – get your heart-rate going in your 20 minute workout to boost your metabolism and burn that body fat.
- …….And most importantly you get to rest your body and mind with a Yoga Savasana at the end.
Yes I’m biased here BUT these workouts WORK for women in this age bracket!
Plus you’ll be hooked once you give this training style a go!
Feel Like You Don’t Have Time To Train?
20 minute workouts are your answer.
What If I Can’t Commit To A 20 Minute Workout?
The workouts are sequenced in 10 minute rounds so if you’re pressed for time, you can still get a great workout in 10 minutes.
Not A Fan Of Working Out At Home?
The beauty with an online Video Home Workout Program is that you can make it your own and adapt it to your lifestyle.
- Pressed for time to drive to the gym – workout at home.
- Bored with your current routine – you WON’T get bored with these 20 minute powerhouse workouts.
- Worried about the motivation factor? Weekly encouragement emails will keep you on track.
Drop me a line if you have any questions – I love to talk Health & Fitness!
Unique 20 Minute Workouts Designed For Women In There 50’s Plus