I’ve been hit with some really great questions in the past few weeks…….do any of these resonate with you?
- What’s the most beneficial exercises to do in a limited time?
- How can I do a quick workout, that works?
- I want workouts with variety – I get bored!
- How can I fit a workout in? I’ve got limited time in my schedule…
- I end up doing the same thing over and over again at the gym, get bored and give up. So how can I get the commitment and energy to stick to something?
I got a little excited when I read these (in a good way)! Because it sums up exactly how I used to feel many years ago.
How You Used To Train
In your 20’s and 30’s it was sort of a given that you went and did an hour fitness class or gym session. And so much of it was repetitive – the same old moves and machines!
Lets face it, who the hell has the time each day for this – including your travel time!
Throw the ‘boredom’ factor of the same old exercises into the mix and it’s a recipe for just giving up on training.
But if you know you can do 20 minute workouts and get results – that dread of training and endless excuses is history.
What’s Happening To Your Body Now
Crazy things do start happening to your body in this age bracket – blame your hormone imbalance!
- Joints become stiffer.
- Muscles become tight and achy.
- You might feel ‘flabby’ in places.
- Fat shows up in unwanted spots!
Trust me though – it’s not over! It might feel like it, but it’s just a wake up call to make some changes.
Training Harder & Dieting = Stress!
So you’ll be relieved to know that training harder and dieting is NOT the answer.
It is however the answer to creating more stress in your body, which affects your cortisol levels, which effects your ability to lose weight!
So don’t go there!
Strength & Flexibility Go Hand In Hand
Yes it’s important to get that toned muscle on your body –
- To help speed up your metabolism
- And keep the weight gain at bay………
…..But you HAVE to keep your flexibility in this age bracket – or it’s aching joints and muscle time!
Longer Is Not Better!
Training for longer is not better! You can change your body with 20 minute workouts, if you know how to balance the exercises out within each workout.
Tweak Your Training
Have a look at your current training routine…..
- Do you get your heart rate up in 90% of your workouts (the rest can be great body releasing stretch sessions).
- Do you get an even balance of – Strength Training, Flexibility Work, Balance Work and Cardio within your workouts?
- Do you feel energised after your workouts?
- Do you feel stronger after your workouts?
- Do your muscles and joints stop aching after you’ve worked out?
- Do you get bored with your workouts and tend to stop and start your training routine?
- Do you come up with multiple excuses why you just can’t exercise today?
If you answered yes to the first 5 and no to the last 2 – fantastic – keep doing what you’re doing.
If not, try my unique training style – designed for women in their 50’s plus, by a women in her 50’s plus! Moi!
The very best of –
- Power Yoga
- Functional Strength Training
- And Low Impact Cardio Moves
…..in powerhouse 20 minute workouts.
This training ‘works’! I’m sure you’ll be hooked once you give it a go and if you’re not – I’ll give you your $ back.
Check out my programs – head to the home page or click on programs.